One of the most expensive and much touted teams of Pakistan Super League (PSL) got out even in first round and ignominiously wasn’t even able to make the top 4 when only 5 teams were playing the tournament in UAE. To the horror of its owners, sponsors, and especially the fixers things never turned out good for the Lahore team as almost in every match their performance was substandard to say the least and they were highly unprofessional and untidy.
Lahore was always and from the onset was relying on the master blaster Chris Gayle. He was paid handsomely and Lahore Qalandars were probably thinking that Gayle would alone win them every match with his massive tons. Gayle failed miserably and to the dismay of the fans; he never seemed serious or interested. He surely has his eyes on things much lucrative and farther away.
So following are five reasons of Lahore Qalandar’s spectacular failure:
1) Too much expectations and little preparation.
2) Too much reliance on Chris Gayle.
3) Not a single worth-while bowler.
4) Focus on fanfare and media limelight instead of sweating on ground.
5) Unbalanced side.
6) They must overhaul the whole team next year if they want to win. Chris Gayle should be paid only for performance and not just for appearance.