Forums > Education > How to Install Computer Case Fans
  • Page 1 of 1
tariqjavaid

4612 days old here
Total Posts: 5615

Subject : How to Install Computer Case Fans
I chose to install three 80mm case fans that I just had lying around. These fans will constantly be running and will connect directly to the power supply. When I move to a full case, I will be using case fans that will run off of the motherboard so I will be able to control them in the bios. Based on where the fans were going to be installed, I then chose which order to install them in.

* I installed the front 80mm fan first. The fan will mount with four screws that are held to the computer case.

Screwing in the Front fan

The Front fan installed

Connecting the power Cable from the power supply to the Case Fan
I will repeat this procedure for both of the rear fans.

Both of the rear fans installed
Once I have made sure all the components are correctly installed and everything is correctly plugged in, I will make sure to organize all the internal wiring for safety reasons.
After I decided to move the DVD drives and organized all of the internal computer wiring
* Now that the wiring has been organized, I will have to take the appropriate slots out of the front panel for the DVD and Floppy drives. These slots will usually just unclip. When I have completed this, I will reinstall the front panel onto the computer case.

* Finally, I will reinstall both side panels.

* The computer is now built. This means I am ready to move on to the next step, which is making sure the computer boots properly, then installing the operating system.

no likes.

Posted on September, 14 2011 03:13:07 PM

• Page 1 of 1