Total Posts: 153

Subject : Talent
Ihsann ko Din Ma kitney Gantey soona chiyen

no likes.

Posted on January, 19 2013 10:51:42 PM

inayat111

3794 days old here
Total Posts: 233

“At one time I thought the most important thing was talent. I think now that — the young man or the young woman must possess or teach himself, train himself, in infinite patience, which is to try and to try and to try until it comes right. He must train himself in ruthless intolerance. That is, to throw away anything that is false no matter how much he might love that page or that paragraph. The most important thing is insight, that is ... curiosity to wonder, to mull, and to muse why it is that man does what he does. And if you have that, then I don't think the talent makes much difference, whether you've got that or not.

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:33:02 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Ultimate prosperity is one's value within. It takes a man of depth, morality, and charm to be envied yet without a sign of wealth or romance. A passion to prove such inner worth is his permission to achieve whatever he desires.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:34:09 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“The most talented people are always the nicest.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:35:30 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Talent is its own expectation, Jim: you either live up to it or it waves a hankie, receding forever.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:37:03 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“It takes people a long time to learn the difference between talent and genius, especially ambitious young men and women.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:38:24 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Talent is useful, but always keep your dagger sharp.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:39:28 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“But talent—if you don't encourage it, if you don't train it, it dies. It might run wild for a little while, but it will never mean anything. Like a wild horse. If you don't tame it and teach it to run on track, to pace itself and bear a rider, it doesn't matter how fast it is. It's useless.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:52:47 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Not many people can lay claim to having broken Time, and we did it purely by accident.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:54:00 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“The real writer is one who really writes. Talent is an invention like phlogiston after the fact of fire. Work is its own cure. You have to like it better than being loved.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:55:57 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Life is entrusted to man as a treasure which must not be squandered, as a talent which must be used well.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:57:11 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Fransisco, you're some kind of very high nobility, aren't you?" He answered, "Not yet. The reason my family has lasted for such a long time is that none of us has ever been permitted to think he is born a d'Anconia. We are expected to become one.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:58:37 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“...how absurd human beings are and how magnificent.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 09:59:48 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“A familiar name on its own, however, does not carry its bearer far unless the talent is there, and the will to work.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:03:24 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“My mother always told me that there is only one way a woman can be truly safe in this world. And that is to be fiercely, inarguably, and masterfully talented. This is different than being intelligent or even educated. (Satomi from Picking Bones From Ash)”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:04:26 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“Listen," Mac interrupted, "you still have to knock it out of the park. But it's a degree-of-difficulty thing. You're doing a triple lutz and she's skating. You're the Sasha Cohen here.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:05:34 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“What is in the pencil is greater than what is around it. The talents in you are greater than the environment surrounding you. Your potentials will change your environment.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:07:07 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“But then if you lied to a man about his talent just because he was sitting across from you, that was the most unforgivable lie of them all, because that was telling him to go on, to continue which was the worst way for a man without real talent to waste his life, finally. But many people did just that, friends and relatives mostly.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:08:20 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“But genius, and even great talent, springs less from seeds of intellect and social refinement superior to those of other people than from the faculty of transforming and transposing them. To heat a liquid with an electric lamp requires not the strongest lamp possible, but one of which the current can cease to illuminate, can be diverted so as to give heat instead of light. To mount the skies it is not necessary to have the most powerful of motors, one must have a motor which, instead of continuing to run along the earth's surface, intersecting with a vertical line the horizontal line which it began by following, is capable of converting its speed into lifting power. Similarly, the men who produce works of genius are not those who live in the most delicate atmosphere, whose conversation is the most brilliant or their culture the most extensive, but those who have had the power, ceasing suddenly to live only for themselves, to transform their personality into a sort of mirror, in such a way that their life, however mediocre it may be socially and even, in a sense, intellectually, is reflected by it, genius consisting in reflecting power and not int he intrinsic quality of the scene reflected.”

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:10:19 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

She sang, as requested. There was much about love in the ballad: faithful love that refused to abandon its object; love that disaster could not shake; love that, in calamity, waxed fonder, in poverty clung closer. The words were set to a fine old air -- in themselves they were simple and sweet: perhaps, when read, they wanted force; when well sung, they wanted nothing. Shirley sang them well: she breathed into the feeling, softness, she poured round the passion, force: her voice was fine that evening; its expression dramatic: she impressed all, and charmed one.

On leaving the instrument, she went to the fire, and sat down on a seat -- semi-stool, semi-cushion: the ladies were round her -- none of them spoke. The Misses Sympson and the Misses Nunnely looked upon her, as quiet poultry might look on an egret, an ibis, or any other strange fowl. What made her sing so? They never sang so. Was it proper to sing with such expression, with such originality -- so unlike a school girl? Decidedly not: it was strange, it was unusual. What was strange must be wrong; what was unusual must be improper. Shirley was judged.”
? Charlotte Brontë, Shirley

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:11:21 AM

inayat111

3794 days old here

“How could I explain why I'd acted that way? How could I explain how scary it was, to find out that I needed her so much? Was I supposed to tell her how she'd changed everything? Like how U hadn't even realized how bad I felt until she'd made it better, just by looking at me. Like how I thought she was awesome, bad-ass ninja, and what I hated was the fact that I knew I couldn't protect her, when that's all I wanted to do. How could I explain, without sounding like a complete asshole, that I was so afraid of losing her I pushed her away?

no likes.

Posted on December, 24 2013 10:12:46 AM