Forums > News And Gossips > Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar will sing qawwali for a Punjabi film
  • Page 1 of 1
awmps

4827 days old here
Total Posts: 1626

Subject : Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar will sing qawwali for a Punjabi film
Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar is likely to sing qawwali for a Punjabi film. He sang a qawwali last week in Pakistan during an award show. The song was a tribute to Amjad Sabri, the Pakistani singer, who was shot dead in Karachi in June this year. A filmmaker has approached the Tere Bin Laden actor to sing a qawwali for a Punjabi movie, according to a press release. Ali will be seen singing the qawwali in a special sequence in the film. The Kill Dil actor will also have few dialogues in the scene, for which he is working on his pronunciation of the Punjabi language. “I am proactive towards my passion for music. I want to explore all the verticals of music from romantic songs to qawwalis to rock scores and anthems.

There is a request for a qawwali in a Punjabi film,” Ali said in a statement. Ali Zafar has earlier lent his voice to different songs in Bollywood. He has sung songs in movies including Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. Zafar started his career as a music composer. He gained immense popularity with his single Channo from his debut album Huqa Pani which sold over five million copies worldwide. Channo topped many music charts and earned Zafar the Lux Style Award for Best Music Album. Zafar also performs in tours, concerts and stage shows all over the world. Zafar made his acting debut with a leading role in the 2010 film Tere Bin Laden. Since then he has acted in many Bollywood movies.

no likes.

Posted on August, 09 2016 11:49:15 PM

• Page 1 of 1