Forums > News And Gossips > Sharmeen Obaid all set to represent Pakistan at Oscars again in 2016
  • Page 1 of 1
awmps

4822 days old here
Total Posts: 1626

Subject : Sharmeen Obaid all set to represent Pakistan at Oscars again in 2016
Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy will be attending the 88th annual Academy Awards on the 28th of February 2016 at the historic Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. Indeed her documentary, A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness has been nominated as one of only 5 documentaries from across the globe, in the Best Documentary - Short subject category for the 88th Academy Awards. Speaking about her representation of Pakistan at the prestigious Awards, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy has said; “I am incredibly delighted to be representing my country at the Oscars again this year. However, i am even more proud of the fact that this specific film has managed to stimulate action for change on the federal and legal levels – it has propelled the government of Pakistan to analyse the law and to amend it. To take ownership of the heinous practice of honour killing in Pakistan and pledge to do whatever is possible to end it.

Whether Pakistan comes home with another Oscar or not on the 28th I know as a country we have already won with movement for legislation that will be introduced to change the lives of women in this country. There is no greater reward than that.” In the lead up to the main Academy Award ceremony, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy will be attending a series of pre-Oscar ceremonies, events and press meets, from the official DVF Lunch, an event for Women in Hollywood, the Shorts International Awards et al – At these events, Sharmeen will also be representing a spectrum of Pakistani fashion, from HSY to MAHGUL, MUSE, Misha Lakhani, Sania Maskatiya, Maheen Karim and Ideas by Gul Ahmed. For the 88th Academy Award ceremony, Pakistan’s leading fashion label, Sana Safinaz have created a bespoke ensemble for Obaid-Chinoy, complemented by custom jewellery exclusively designed for Sharmeen for the occasion by Kiran Fine Jewellery.

no likes.

Posted on February, 24 2016 06:36:08 PM

• Page 1 of 1