Forums > Sports Talks > No plans to retire from international cricket: Ajmal
  • Page 1 of 1
lescol

3926 days old here
Total Posts: 6369

Subject : No plans to retire from international cricket: Ajmal
“I am a fighter and will fight to gain my spot. Not retiring,” Ajmal said. — AP
Saeed Ajmal has rubbished reports claiming the Pakistan off-spinner was mulling retirement after being overlooked by national selectors for the recently concluded Sri Lanka series.

A report by Press Trust of India claimed Ajmal was “disappointed with his own form and his failure to come to grips with his modified bowling action” and was thinking about calling time on his career.
Ajmal, in a statement to Dawn in response to the report which had also been picked up by certain sections of the Pakistani press, quashed the 'rumours' and said he was “very confident and content” with his gradually improving performances.
“I am a fighter and will fight to regain my spot. Not retiring from international cricket at all,” the 37-year-old told Dawn.
The bowler's manager also clarified to Dawn that all reports about Ajmal's retirement were baseless.
“All these reports are false,” Moghees Sheikh, Ajmal's manager said.
Ajmal was banned by the International Cricket Council for a suspect bowling action in August 2014, before being cleared to return in February this year.
The spin maestro last turned up in Pakistan colours in a Twenty20 match against Bangladesh, finishing with figures of 3.2-25-0.
He also played two ODIs on the Bangladesh tour and was off colour. His 19.1 overs in the two games cost 123 runs for a solitary wicket.
But Ajmal remains optimistic of regaining his form with the remodelled action and winning his place back in the Pakistan side.
Source: AP

no likes.

Posted on December, 16 2015 10:07:22 AM

• Page 1 of 1