Beware of Naegleria as Death Toll Rises

Posted in : General, Health Tips

(added few months ago!)
The deadly virus Naegleria has made its way towards Karachi claiming a life after it was reported a resident of Gulberg lost his life due to the infection. The concerned authorities have now been approached to ensure that proper treatment is thought out with a major focus on the adding of chlorine to the water supplied to the citizens.
 
Beware of Naegleria as Death Toll Rises
 
What Is Naegleria?
Naegleria is a deadly brain-eating amoeba which causes an infection that can result in death.
 
Causes Of Naegleria
The main cause for Naegleria has been said to be due to amoebas found in dirty municipal water, untreated well-water and infected swimming pools. The deadly amoeba is easily found in warm lakes and muddy waters. Treatment of water with chlorine, basically any water that can enter a person’s nostrils has to undergo the treatment deemed fit by the Sindh health department.
 
Dr. Ahsan Samad, a senior medical practitioner states:
 
“THE RECENT SHOWERS AND STAGNANT WATER ON ROADS ARE AN INCREASED RISK FOR THE AMOEBA THAT MULTIPLIES FASTER IN POLLUTED WATER.”
 
How To Prevent Yourself From Becoming A Victim To Naegleria
 
- Avoid visiting or using water bodies that are untreated such as water parks, swimming pools.
- Install purification plant in the main tank of your homes.
Chlorine tablets are easily available and can be added to the main water source for homes.
 
Controls Taken By The Health Department
 
A committee constituted by the government to ensure regular verification of chlorine level in the metropolis is now being reactivated.
Karachi Water and Sewerage Board have been approached for the same concern.
The officials are working towards draining the water accumulated after the monsoon rains hit Karachi.
 
Blog post Written by Alefyah Hasnain and you can visit the original article at http://www.brandsynario.com/
Tags : Beware, Naegleria, Death, Toll, Rises, Water, Health, Safety, Chlorine, Brain, Eating, Amoeba, Swimming, Pools, Warm, Lakes, Sindh, Treatment, Victim, Tablet, Verification, Karachi, Water, Sewerage

Related Posts

» BEWARE: Bitcoin Scam is Taking over Social Media

» Five electrocuted to death as heavy rain, stormy winds hit Karachi

» Sitting for more than 7 hours a day can lead to early death

» Meera received death threats

» 5 Reasons Imran Khan Responsible For Multan Deaths of PTI

» Why Ch Aslam’s Death is a National Tragedy

» Beware of fake Medical & Dental Colleges – Registrar PMDC

» 5th death anniversary of Benazir Bhutto on Thursday

(added few months ago!) / 362 views

Comments (0)

Search this blog..

Top Stories of the week

Existing Users Login
User ID  
Password  
 
 
Join Now / Forgot Password

also you can..
Login with Facebook